Tuesday, September 8, 2015

A Touch of Mink I Think?

Here's a cute late 1950s to early 1960s cobalt blue winter coat that I will be listing in a jiffy. Measurements and info coming soon. I fit it perfectly with my wide shoulders and I'm a size medium. It looks nice belted for a fitted style. The only flaw I located is that the button is safety pinned to the coat. The fur could be mink, but I'm not too sure. It's definitely not rabbit or fox. . The label reads- Stevens Hokanum fabric Montera. It is a wool blend- fully lined in blue satin, it has its original label and union tag. Needs to be dry cleaned and the collar needs extra care from a furrier. I will not touch it with my steamer because it might damage the fur. I was told that it can be cleaned with cornmeal to remove the oiliness and smells, which is a good to kno


   A classic coat for this coming fall/winter.


                      Looks great belted, just add some 1950s gloves , a classic purse and you're set.


No comments: