Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Wow! My Vintage Lace Blouses Are Similar To Lucy's And Are On Sale This Week Only


  Happy days are here again, I have decided to utilize my Instagram more often, but will still be sharing my goodies on my vintage blog. You can follow me at  https://www.instagram.com/vintagegal7

Yesterday, I was not feeling too good, this time it was from an accident. I hit my head real bad, I even saw stars. Ouch! So I ended up spending a few days in bed resting, while I was taking care of myself I watched " I Love Lucy " on Decades TV. It happened to be the episode " LA At Last" from 1955. When I was watching it I noticed that Lucy was wearing her lace button front blouse, she must have loved this blouse because it can be seen in the "Equal Rights" from 1953 episode, anyhow I got to thinking I have a few lace blouses that are a different variation to Elois Jenssens' designs, and two are on my website right now.

  This one is done in a dusty pink Chantilly lace with a sweet faux pearl button front and trimmed in silk. The blouse is not lined, and appears to be homemade.



 

Here's my second vintage blouse.




 This sweet blouse has 40s style shoulders, kind of gathered, and 1/2 length sleeves that are cuffed. Sorry I used my flash, it really is a light pink. Perfect blouse to wear over a vintage formal gown. This one can be located on my website right now.

          

        
  My last blouse is not pink, but very similar to Lucy Ricardo's blouse. This one is done in a cotton beige floral lace with beige linen trim on the collar and cuffs.I believe it came with a matching dress at one time. This has so many possibilities,  you could even dye it your favorite color with Rit Dye. This will be listed shortly on my website. Stay tuned...

   

               All three are so classic Hollywood, I think Lucille Ball would give her stamp of approval.


 Here's two short clips from I Love Lucy with William Holden,  the episode was entitled "LA At Last", which is a scream.



                                                    Such a sweet blouse on our Lucy.

     This is possibly the original color of her blouse, it is a celery green with a matching tie that she made into a bow.





    I was tickled pink when I saw this episode, and you can see why her choice of outfits from Elois Jenssen were perfect for this tv show.

                                                                   She had such class!


  Sorry, I nearly forgot about this one, it looks so much like her Hollywood portrait in a white lace bolero, but mine is in peachy pink. This 50s formal party dress and it's matching bolero can be found on my website right now.


No comments: