Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Lucy Would Love This Swing Coat

 I've decided to let this coat go from my collection, it can be found on my website.
Last night I was in a real sad mood. When life gets me down, I always watch I Love Lucy episodes to cheer me up and it worked. I love her in the fifth season with the Loving Cup . As the episode begins we see Lucy entering the apartment , she is so excited to show Ethel her new dress, but as she does she takes off her coat which appears to be a 1950s Teddy Bear fur cropped swing coat. You cannot tell if it is fake or not, but it resembles the one I have on my site right now. Mine is not styled exactly like hers, but it's very similar. Just take a look at this short video I shot from my phone.

Boy, it really looks like mine. I was in shock when I saw this episode.  Now I'm getting sentimental about this, but I have already listed it , so this needs to go to a good home.

 Here's mine , sorry the color is hard to capture.  The coat is a dove gray, not taupe. It's a real classic swing coat, these are getting harder to find.  Wearing real fur is slowly going out of style, and now vintage collectors are looking for fake fur to wear. I'm for saving the animals anyway I can, so my shop sells no real animal fur, just faux.  Plus if you get caught selling fur out of your state or the country, it can be deemed against the law and you will be faced with a hefty fine from the US Fish and Wildlife officers from your state ,so Google this information, it's real.   Just to help anyone out, here's a list compiled by Peta.  Don't try to sell MONKEY FUR JACKETS!!! YOU WILL GET CAUGHT!!!!

  Here's the official list from the US Fish and Wildlife website. There is also an endangered species list on Etsy and Ebay. ( they are cracking down on both seller and buyer, so you are warned)
https://ecos.fws.gov/ecp0/reports/ad-hoc-species-report?kingdom=V&kingdom=I&status=E&status=T&status=EmE&status=EmT&status=EXPE&status=EXPN&status=SAE&status=SAT&mapstatus=3&fcrithab=on&fstatus=on&fspecrule=on&finvpop=on&fgroup=on&header=Listed+Animals

  Here is a list of the countries that now ban fur. ( please note some of this website contains graphic images )

/https://www.peta.org/features/fur-bans-fur-free-future/


No comments: