Friday, January 28, 2022

Bat Girl And Myself

  Have you tried the ReFace app? You gotta try it, what fun.  I got a giggle when I discovered my favourite gothic Edwardian photo was offered . I snapped it up immediately. I don't know how long it will be on the app? They changed them constantly.

This photograph was taken by Adele K.u.K Hof Atelier in the 1900's. It depicts a young girl in a bat costume with two bats on her outfit, one perched on her head like a fascinator and the other sewn to her chest to resemble a collar, very goth. This is the Austrian actress Maria Schleinzer. Google her, very interesting story. On the internet you can find additional photos of this photo shoot, she was such a cute gal.

Here is my version done with a Reface app on Google Play.  I have months to think about my Halloween costume, but this is definitely a goal.  I've seen gals posting photos of themselves in this costume, what a great idea. I'll check with Etsy first, you just never know what you'll find.

 No bat was harmed, it's a faux bat.





No comments: